I like it
Avast me hearties... today is Talk Like a Pirate Day, so all you land lubbers grab some grog and check out some great Pirate T-shirts that will have you shoutin "Shiver me timbers"! Here's some of our favorites...
So, put on your Pirate T-shirt, and study the following vocabulary list:
- Ahoy: Hey!
- Avast: Stop!
- Aye: Yes
- Booty: treasure
- Buccanneer: a pirate who be answerin' to no man or blasted government.
- Cat o' nine tails: whip for floggin' mutineers
- Davy Jones' Locker: the bottom o' the sea, where the souls of dead men lie
- Doubloons: pieces of gold...
- Grog: A pirate's favorite drink.
- Jack: a flag or a sailor
- Jolly Roger: the skull and crossbones, the pirate flag!
- Landlubber: "Land-lover," someone not used to life onboard a ship.
- Lass: A woman.
- Lily-livered: faint o' heart
- Matey: A shipmate or a friend.
- Me hearty: a friend or shipmate.
- Me: My.
- Scallywag: A bad person. A scoundrel.
- Shiver me timbers!: an exclamation of surprise, to be shouted most loud.
- Swashbucklin': fightin' and carousin' on the high seas!
- Thar: The opposite of "here."
- Walk the plank: this one be bloody obvious.
- Wench: a lady, although ye gents not be wantin' to use this around a lady who be stronger than ye.
- Yo-ho-ho: Pirate laughter
I like it